I just misplaced my Apple Watch in my apartment. Walking around looking for it, and getting frustrated, I was thinking, “There ought to be a way to make it make some sound, then I can play Marco Polo with the watch”. But my Google-fu failed me: no obvious way to “ping my watch”. There’s functionality for pinging the phone from the watch though.
But there’s a way to make some noise: testing out the alert volume in the companion app on the phone.
- Verify that your Watch is paired:
- My Devices should show your Watch:
- Open the Apple Watch app:
- Sounds & Haptics
- Drag the slider for alert volume to max
- Tap the knob on the slider.
The watch will make a sound every time you tap the knob.
- Don’t cry yourself to sleep over losing an expensive toy in the mess that is your own apartment.